Monday, December 27, 2010
New Year...New Me
So its a new year which means New Year Resolutions are on their way. Every year I come up with this long, unreasonable, unobtainable list of things that I want to acheive and I don't think that there has been one year yet that I have even become close to acheiving them all. So this year instead of making a specific list detailing every little thing I am making more generalized resolutions in hope that I can atleast partially acheive them with out discouraging myself. I am going to work on being HEALTHIER, HAPPIER, and more ORGANIZED. Even if I only make little changes in those areas atleast I made my life a little better and accomplished something that I can be proud of. 2011 holds my last year of school and my last chance to prove that I will be a great nurse. I am really aiming to do well in my hardest class yet, Med-Surg, and my major goal is to get an A in the coarse. I know this is quite a stretch since I've only pulled off B's in my other clinical nursing classes but when I look back and think about it I know I didn't try my hardest and put other things above my grades. It will be hard considering I also have a wedding to plan this semester but to me the A in that class will be worth making my priorities more in line. I'd also like to try and spend as much time with my daughter. If this means finding creative ways to include her in chores, study, whatever I'm bound and determined to do it. I feel like she is growing up right before my eyes and I'm afraid that I'm going to miss something. Another step that I am going to take in may vague goal setting is to be happier with my daily tasks. Right now I'm working somewhere I really don't feel good about and its hard for me to look forward to or even somewhat enjoy my job. But its a JOB and if I go in with a positive attitude maybe it will lead to bigger and better things for me. I also am going to improve my relationships with my family and my fiance. Sometimes I am a little hard on Erik and instead of just explaining where I am coming from I jsut lash out and expect him to know whats wrong...guess what he is male and doesn't always get it. Now for the healthier part. I started back up into CrossFit only in the water due to my bad back conditions but I almost love it more than CrossFit regular style. And once we get a steady income I plan on eating at home more and healthier meals. This may mean that I have to eat different foods than my family but I know in the long run it will be worth it. Well a year from now we will see how I did! Good luck to you and your goals!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment